But I haven’t posted for a few weeks. Busy, busy, busy! Real post later. When I can finally sit down for longer than, oh, five minutes. chyeah.. right.
1. My favorite feeling in all the world is for real butterflies. I get them when Gabe runs to me & hugs me after a long day or when Ev kisses me on the forehead. Just simple little things that mean absolutely nothing to anyone else but mean the world to me.
2. My favorite smell is… my Poppa used to smell like tobacco & peppermints. An odd combination, yeah… but it’s one of my favorite scent memories. Not cigarettes, guys. Just tobacco. And I love how newborns smell.. clean & new. And fall baking? Holy cow. Don’t get me started.
3. My favorite taste is virtually anything salty. Shamefully, I can down a sleeve of Ritz crackers in about 5 minutes. There’s a reason I don’t keep them in the house.
4. The most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen was.. okay, so I’m a sucker for “beautiful” things. I’ll tear up at pretty much anything sweet & sincere. But not to sound like an over-used Hallmark card… the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen was when I first laid eyes on my boy. He shook the earth & captured my heart. Too bad he didn’t come with a bottle of Tylenol. 😉
5. The best sound ever is laughter in general. Lame. Cheesy. Yeah, yeah.. bite me. I love being in and around happiness. Doesn’t mean I think the world is made of marshmallow fluff and that unicorns burp glitter… I just like to feel happy. And hearing people laugh (especially a goofy, “I-don’t-care-if-my-laugh-IS-obnoxious-I’ll-laugh-anyway” laugh) makes my heart grin. Baby laughs, especially, win me over.
6. A smell that reminds me of my childhood is… it’s hard to explain. You’d have to be the connecting force that binds my nostrils to my brain to catch what I’m throwin’, but there’s a smell I find from time to time that reminds me of my grandpa’s old church. To be honest? It almost smells of old books & coffee. I LOVE that.
7. My favorite of all the senses is sight. There is so much beauty to take in in the world… I’m so glad that my eyes function well enough to fully capture it.